Let Me Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better Homes and Garden Oriental Cookbook: Soy-Sauced Salmon Steaks

3 posters

Go down

Better Homes and Garden Oriental Cookbook: Soy-Sauced Salmon Steaks Empty Better Homes and Garden Oriental Cookbook: Soy-Sauced Salmon Steaks

Post by Serye Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:04 am

Here is an oriental recipe that I had stumbled upon a few years ago and absolutely love it.

Soy-Sauced Salmon Steaks
Ingredients:
-4 fresh or frozen salmon steaks or other fish steaks
-salt
-2 tablespoons cooking oil
-8 slices of lemon
-2 tablespoons soy sauce
-1 tablespoon mirin or dry sherry
-pickled ginger or 1 medium cucumber cut into strips
Directions
Thaw fish, if frozen. Sprinkle fish steaks with salt; let stand for 10 minutes. In large skillet cook fish in hot oil about 5 minutes or till browned on one side. Turn fish and add one slice of the lemon atop each steak; cook fish about 5 minutes more or til browned on other side. Discard cooked lemon slices. Combine soy sauce and mirin or dry sherry; pour over fish steaks. Cook over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, turning steaks frequently. Remove fish to platter. Pour pan juuices over steak, top with remaining lemon slices. Garnish with pickled ginger or cucumber. Makes four servings.

Serye

Back to top Go down

Better Homes and Garden Oriental Cookbook: Soy-Sauced Salmon Steaks Empty Re: Better Homes and Garden Oriental Cookbook: Soy-Sauced Salmon Steaks

Post by desifisher26 Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:25 am

Makes me hungry just reading it will def. try it
desifisher26
desifisher26

Back to top Go down

Better Homes and Garden Oriental Cookbook: Soy-Sauced Salmon Steaks Empty Re: Better Homes and Garden Oriental Cookbook: Soy-Sauced Salmon Steaks

Post by Serye Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:03 am

desifisher26 wrote:Makes me hungry just reading it will def. try it
Also if you want something else besides pickled ginger or cucumber you can cook bok choy in the juices after you put the fish on the platter. Not really a fan of pickled ginger or cucumber so i tried this and liked it a lot.

Serye

Back to top Go down

Post by desifisher26 Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:12 am

thanks nice to know lol
desifisher26
desifisher26

Back to top Go down

Better Homes and Garden Oriental Cookbook: Soy-Sauced Salmon Steaks Empty alternative fish?

Post by grp03_macro Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:42 am

i just want to ask is there an alternative fish that can be use for that recipe?because it sounds good and yummy..
or would it be best for salmon only? Razz

grp03_macro

Back to top Go down

Post by desifisher26 Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:28 pm

i think talapia would be good maybe?
desifisher26
desifisher26

Back to top Go down

Post by grp03_macro Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:33 pm

yeah...or maybe its good if you stuff the talapia w/tomatoes,garlic,onion and then grill it..sounds yummy.. Very Happy

grp03_macro

Back to top Go down

Post by desifisher26 Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:25 pm

wow that does sound good
desifisher26
desifisher26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum