Let Me Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible New World Record Largemouth Bass

4 posters

Go down

Possible New World Record Largemouth Bass Empty Possible New World Record Largemouth Bass

Post by desifisher26 Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:03 am

Published on: July 3, 2009
A possible new word record largemouth bass has been caught in Lake Biwa, Japan. The world record contender was caught by Deps pro Manabu Kurita. The fish reportedly measures 73.5cm (28.94 inches) long and weighed in at 10.12kg (22 pounds, 5 ounces). This is one ounce more than the previous world record caught by George Perry in 1932. According to IGFA rules any new record under 25 pounds must weigh more than 2 ounces more than the previous record in order to replace it. That would make Kurita's bass a tie for the world record.

Lake Biwa has gained a reputation for producing 18 and 19 pound bass, and has been suspected of being the next lake to produce a world record contender. It is Japan's largest lake and has been stocked with Florida Strain largemouth bass. There have been unconfirmed reports recently of a commercial fishing boat netting a largemouth bass that weighed approximately 25 pounds.

Possible New World Record Largemouth Bass Possib10

Possible New World Record Largemouth Bass Depsok10
desifisher26
desifisher26

Back to top Go down

Possible New World Record Largemouth Bass Empty Re: Possible New World Record Largemouth Bass

Post by Chartreusetea Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:01 am

Jeez, thats the second 25 pond that came off that lake in just a month's time. I wouldnt trust anything from japan though IMO lol
Chartreusetea
Chartreusetea
Admin

http://letmefish.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

Possible New World Record Largemouth Bass Empty Re: Possible New World Record Largemouth Bass

Post by paradaG Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:43 am

Chartreusetea wrote:Jeez, thats the second 25 pond that came off that lake in just a month's time. I wouldnt trust anything from japan though IMO lol

qft
paradaG
paradaG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jirwin6985 Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:16 pm

What A pig! Shocked Cant imagine that comming out of the water while bass fishing..
Joe
Jirwin6985
Jirwin6985

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down